Simple Lemon Curd
Besides canning and freezing our homegrown vegetables, I enjoy cooking and baking. I especially look forward to baking special treats for our granddaughter.
13 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- In the top of a double boiler, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in lemon
- juice, butter and lemon peel. Cook over simmering water for 15
- minutes or until thickened. Yield: 1-2/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 110 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.