Simple Layered Spinach Salad
I'm always on the lookout for new spinach salads, and I particularly like this one. It can be prepared ahead of time and it travels well, too!
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound fresh spinach
- 1/2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 3/4 cup Ranch-style salad dressing
- 5 slices bacon, crisply fried and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Spanish peanuts
- Remove and discard spinach stems. Rinse leaves well; drain and pat
- dry. Tear spinach into bite-sized pieces and arrange evenly in salad
- bowl. Evenly layer cucumber slices, radish, green onion and eggs.
- Spread dressing over top. Cover; chill up to 24 hours. Just before
- serving, sprinkle with bacon and peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 291 calories, 26 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.