I'm always on the lookout for new spinach salads, and I particularly like this one. It can be prepared ahead of time and it travels well, too!
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Leafy Greens in Your Life
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound fresh spinach
- 1/2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 3/4 cup Ranch-style salad dressing
- 5 slices Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon, crisply fried and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Spanish peanuts
- Remove and discard spinach stems. Rinse leaves well; drain and pat dry. Tear spinach into bite-sized pieces and arrange evenly in salad bowl. Evenly layer cucumber slices, radish, green onion and eggs. Spread dressing over top. Cover; chill up to 24 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon and peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Layered Spinach Salad in Country April/May 1990, p47
Reviews for Simple Layered Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review