Simple Lasagna Recipe
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce with meat
- 4 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1-1/3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg; set aside. Spread 1/3 cup sauce in an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Top with one noodle. Spread 1/3 cup sauce to edges of noodle. Top with a third of reserved cheese mixture and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining noodle and sauce.
- 2. Cover and bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 3 servings.
1 piece: 457 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 986mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein .
Reviews for Simple Lasagna
"A perfect, easy to fix dish. I use a sweet basil and marinara sauce and layer some cooked Italian sausage with the other ingredients. Fantastic."
"Very easy and tasty."
"I was looking for a lasagna recipe for just one person. My husband is not a fan of lasagna. This sounds really good. Can't wait to try it before the weather turns warm."
"I actually got 4 servings out of this so it was perfect for two dinners. I used leftover homemade spaghetti sauce but like the idea that it can be made with jarred sauce. Also lends itself to adding extras such as extra meat, pepperoni, or veggies. Great recipe for a quick lasagna for 2!"
"Delicious! I made this last week, and I was surprised how good it was considering that it did not take long to cook at all! The only thing I would recommend is to add a bit more cheeses...I ran short. Making it again this week!"
"Such a good size...not too many left overs (if any ;). Easy to make and super yummy. Will be making often!"
"This recipe is wonderful. I used cottage cheese instead of ricotta and added about 1/2 lb ground beef. I will definitely make it again."
"Very simple and tasty. The only adjustment I made was adding lean ground beef. Leftovers are also very tasty."
"Great recipe!!! I have also used regular noodles, just adjust baking time to 45-50 minutes. I have also used Prego Spaghetti Sauce with meatballs in it, tastes awesome!"
"Easy & delicious however I'll probably add 1/2# hamburger next time. The sauce w/meat I used really didn't have enuff meat in it. I'd also throw in some onion. Will make it again though."
"So easy just like the name says; I made it in a 8x8 sq glass pan so I needed to increase some of the ingredients: 1 1/3 jar of roasted garlic sauce, we are not meat eater, doubled the noodles and also increase the amount of mozzarella cheese, and baking time to 45 min instead of 30. Family loved it!"
"I made this recipe with a few modifications. I used regular lasagna noodles, 1/4 lb. ground beef, 2 crumbled breakfast sausages, 1 c. cottage cheese, plain spaghetti sauce, onion and garlic powder. I didn't use parmesan cheese but followed everything else. My family loved it, just wasn't enough."
"I make this all the time but I add pepperoni and about 1/3 lb. of hamburger, also use cottage cheese in place of the ricotta"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.