Simple Italian Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute carrots and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, water, zucchini, basil, salt, oregano, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the kidney beans, spinach, macaroni and parsley. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Simple Italian Vegetable Soup
"Excellent. I added ground turkey and a little tomato paste."
"I made this soup with the addition of one pound of ground sicilian sausage...It was wonderful and a hardy one dish winter delight."