Simple Italian Subs Recipe
These subs are a good year-round—for lunch, dinner or a late-night supper. When it's construction season, Brian may work until sundown. This meal's one that I can serve early to our kids and again later when he gets home.—Nanci Keatley, Salem, Oregon
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread
- 6 slices Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 12 thin slices fully cooked ham or turkey
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1. Cut bread in half horizontally; set top aside. Place three slices of cheese on bottom half; layer with ham and tomato.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, basil, pepper and rosemary; drizzle over tomato. Top with remaining cheese.
- 3. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace bread top. Cut into four pieces; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 405 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 1,293 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC