Simple Italian Subs Recipe
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 12 thin slices fully cooked ham or turkey
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1. Cut bread in half horizontally; set top aside. Place three slices of cheese on bottom half; layer with ham and tomato.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, basil, pepper and rosemary; drizzle over tomato. Top with remaining cheese.
- 3. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace bread top. Cut into four pieces; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 405 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 1293mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein .
Reviews for Simple Italian Subs
"Delicious! This recipe only served three for me. It pairs perfectly with the Orange Romaine Salad from "Best of Country 30 Minute Recipes". It's best made with bone-in ham from the deli counter - makes a huge difference! And the flavors balance out well... they seem like they would be too strong, but they weren't."