- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 12 thin slices fully cooked ham or turkey
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Cut bread in half horizontally; set top aside. Place three slices of cheese on bottom half; layer with ham and tomato.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, basil, pepper and rosemary; drizzle over tomato. Top with remaining cheese.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace bread top. Cut into four pieces; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Simple Italian Subs
Sort By :
"Delicious! This recipe only served three for me. It pairs perfectly with the Orange Romaine Salad from "Best of Country 30 Minute Recipes". It's best made with bone-in ham from the deli counter - makes a huge difference! And the flavors balance out well... they seem like they would be too strong, but they weren't."