Simple Italian Spinach Salad Recipe
"While the fish is marinating, I toss together a big bowl of Italian Spinach Salad," Judy relates. "Prepared Italian dressing makes this twist on traditional wilted spinach salad simple ti fix. I usually have a hard-cooked egg ready in the refrigerator, and the dressing just takes seconds to heat."
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Egg, chopped
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large salad bowl, toss spinach, onion, egg and bacon. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat salad dressing on high for 30-45 seconds or until warm. Pour over the salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Spinach Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p16
Reviews for Simple Italian Spinach Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review