Simple Italian Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in butter over medium heat. Add wine and salad dressing. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- 2. Remove pork chops and keep warm. Bring cooking juices to a boil; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup. Serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 343 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 411 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.