Simple Italian Pork Chops
These juicy Italian pork chops are simmered in a scrumptious sauce that's just perfect for spooning over mashed potatoes. And with only five ingredients, this is one thrifty, fail-proof entree. —Joe Vince, Port Huron, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in
- butter over medium heat. Add wine and salad dressing. Cover and cook
- for 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Remove pork chops and keep warm. Bring cooking juices to a boil; cook
- until reduced to 1/2 cup. Serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 343 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 411 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.