When it comes to pleasing a crowd at a potluck, my change-of-pace pasta salad does the trick. The colorful medley combines pasta, veggies, cheeses and pepperoni for a refreshing and filling side dish that everyone is sure to love.
- 1 package (16 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 pound Galbani® Mozzarella Cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Set aside.
- Drain artichoke hearts and tomatoes, reserving liquids. Chop artichokes and tomatoes; set aside.
- Drain pasta. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, cheeses, pepperoni, basil, oregano, onion mixture, artichokes and tomatoes. In a small bowl, combine the reserved liquids. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Simple Italian Pasta Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p89
Reviews for Simple Italian Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2014
"This was a big hit at a church potluck! I didn't use the feta cheese and I used the mini pepperoni slices."