Simple Italian Orange Roughy Recipe
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1. Arrange fish fillets in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper and salt. Cover with onion and celery. Top with tomatoes. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet equals 145 calories, 1 g fat (0.55 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 620 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.