Simple Italian Orange Roughy
"This dish is delicious, foolproof and very low in fat. I prepare it on weeknights when I need a quick supper, but I've also used it for company meals, says Michelle Haerr from Eureka, Illinois. "The Italian tomatoes and lemon-pepper seasoning give the mild fillets a little zest."
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- Arrange fish fillets in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Sprinkle with lemon-pepper and salt. Cover with onion and celery.
- Top with tomatoes. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until fish
- flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 145 calories, 1 g fat (0.55 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 620 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.