"This dish is delicious, foolproof and very low in fat. I prepare it on weeknights when I need a quick supper, but I've also used it for company meals, says Michelle Haerr from Eureka, Illinois. "The Italian tomatoes and lemon-pepper seasoning give the mild fillets a little zest."
Recommended: 60 Sneaky Ways to Eat More Vegetables
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- Arrange fish fillets in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper and salt. Cover with onion and celery. Top with tomatoes. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Orange Roughy in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p21
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Simple Italian Orange Roughy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2008
"This was so good and so easy to make. I am new to cooking, and my husband was very impressed. Will definitely make this again!"