Simple Italian Orange Roughy Recipe
"This dish is delicious, foolproof and very low in fat. I prepare it on weeknights when I need a quick supper, but I've also used it for company meals, says Michelle Haerr from Eureka, Illinois. "The Italian tomatoes and lemon-pepper seasoning give the mild fillets a little zest."
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- Arrange fish fillets in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper and salt. Cover with onion and celery. Top with tomatoes. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Orange Roughy in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p21
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Simple Italian Orange Roughy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2008
"This was so good and so easy to make. I am new to cooking, and my husband was very impressed. Will definitely make this again!"