Simple Italian Chicken
Feel free to do what I did when I first came upon this recipe...play with the herb ingredients until they suit your family's taste.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Hot cooked brussels sprouts, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, oregano, parsley, garlic
- salt and pepper. Dip chicken breasts in melted butter, then coat
- with Parmesan mixture. Place in a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
- Drizzle with any remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for
- 15-20 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear. Serve with
- brussels sprouts if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 251 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 556 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.