Simple Italian Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Hot cooked brussels sprouts, optional
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, oregano, parsley, garlic salt and pepper. Dip chicken breasts in melted butter, then coat with Parmesan mixture. Place in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Drizzle with any remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear. Serve with brussels sprouts if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 251 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 556 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.