- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Hot cooked brussels sprouts, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, oregano, parsley, garlic salt and pepper. Dip chicken breasts in melted butter, then coat with Parmesan mixture. Place in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Drizzle with any remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear. Serve with brussels sprouts if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Simple Italian Chicken
"Awesome chicken. My mother enjoyed this one will definitely be making it a lot more often."
"This is very tasty-I've made it now 2 times. Last time was for family Christmas supper. Everyone liked it and ask for the recipe. To speed up prep time and make a little healthier, I used a little extra olive oil to grease pan and put chicken in to coat both sides then into crumb mixture. (Second time had more chicken and used a little Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs to stretch the coating mixture.) Baked in oven on convection at 400 for approx.14 minutes. WONDERFUL"
"I wasn't really impressed with this one. Was edible but the spices over powered the meat."
"My husband and I loved this recipe. It was simple and fast to make as well!"
"There's just too much oregano in this for me. I might make it again if I only use a tbsp of oregano. It was just too overpowering for me."