- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Hot cooked brussels sprouts, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, oregano, parsley, garlic salt and pepper. Dip chicken breasts in melted butter, then coat with Parmesan mixture. Place in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Drizzle with any remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear. Serve with brussels sprouts if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Simple Italian Chicken
Sort By :
Awesome chicken. My mother enjoyed this one will definitely be making it a lot more often.
This is very tasty-I've made it now 2 times. Last time was for family Christmas supper. Everyone liked it and ask for the recipe. To speed up prep time and make a little healthier, I used a little extra olive oil to grease pan and put chicken in to coat both sides then into crumb mixture. (Second time had more chicken and used a little Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs to stretch the coating mixture.) Baked in oven on convection at 400 for approx.14 minutes. WONDERFUL