Simple Hot Turkey Sandwiches
"I was first served this hearty hot sandwich at a friend's home," recalls Charla Sackmann from Glidden, Iowa. "I couldn't wait to get the recipe and make it myself. The cheesy sauce is a delicious disguise for leftover turkey or chicken."
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine the turkey, celery,
- mayonnaise, cheese, salt and pepper; stir well. Cover and bake at
- 450° for 35-40 minutes or until celery is tender, stirring
- occasionally. Toast the buns if desired. Yield: 6 servings.