Simple Hot Spiced Punch
Warm spirits on cold winter mornings (or nights) with this cheery hot punch from Bertha Johnson, Indianapolis, Indiana. Candy red-hots add a fun cinnamon touch to the sweet, fruity blend of flavors that's sure to please guests of all ages.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red-hot candies
- 9 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a Dutch oven, combine the water, cranberry juice, sugar, red-hots
- and cloves; bring to a boil. Add the remaining juices; return to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes to allow
- flavors to blend. Discard cloves. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings
- (2-1/4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 113 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.