Simple Herbed Scallops Recipe
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound sea scallops
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley or 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh chives or 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place scallops in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Mix 2 tablespoons melted butter, lemon juice, herbs, garlic salt and pepper; drizzle over scallops.
- 2. Mix bread crumbs with remaining melted butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, until scallops are firm and opaque, 20-25 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving: 260 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 754mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Simple Herbed Scallops
"Wow, this recipe has been republished several times, I see, so it must be a favorite with the editors and now I am a fan, too. Other reviewers added shrimp to the mix, so I followed their advice and did the same.. I did use the tarragon, used Panko style bread crumbs, and sprinkled just a bit of curry powder over the whole thing. I love the idea of getting a bit of a crusty top. This Volunteer Field Editor is happy to give this five stars."
"Simple to make and full of flavor. Will be making this again soon!!"
"I omitted the tarragon but added frozen shrimp. This recipe is so simple and delicious. My entire family enjoys this and looks forward to having it again and again!"
"I added salad sized shrimp to this recipe and omitted the tarragon. Such a delicious recipe. I am looking forward to making it again!"
"These were very tasty and quick to make. The whole family enjoyed them."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.