Simple Herbed Scallops
Living in Kansas, fresh seafood can be hard to come by. Luckily, frozen scallops aren't. This dish offers an "East Coast" taste to those of us in the Midwest.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound fresh or frozen sea scallops, thawed
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in the lemon
- juice, chives, parsley, garlic salt, tarragon and pepper.
- Place scallops in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Pour butter mixture
- over scallops. Melt remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs;
- sprinkle over scallops.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until scallops are
- opaque and topping is lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 pound) equals 278 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 528 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon