Simple Herbed Scallops Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound fresh or frozen sea scallops, thawed
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in the lemon juice, chives, parsley, garlic salt, tarragon and pepper.
- 2. Place scallops in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Pour butter mixture over scallops. Melt remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs; sprinkle over scallops.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until scallops are opaque and topping is lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1/4 pound) equals 278 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 528 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 20 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.