Simple Herb Rice Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes or reduced-sodium chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups Minute® White Rice
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt, optional
- 1. In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Dissolve bouillon in boiling water; add to the skillet. Stir in rice, parsley, sage and celery salt if desired.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with reduced-fat margarine and reduced-sodium bouillon and without celery salt) equals 202 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.