Simple Herb Rice Recipe
"I revised an old stuffing recipe several times to come up with this simple savory side dish," shares Lisa Mathew of Buffalo, Missouri. "It's a breeze to prepare using instant rice, and everyone loves its herb flavor."
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes or reduced-sodium chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups instant rice
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt, optional
- 1. In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Dissolve bouillon in boiling water; add to the skillet. Stir in rice, parsley, sage and celery salt if desired.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 202 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Simple Herb Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC