"I revised an old stuffing recipe several times to come up with this simple savory side dish," shares Lisa Mathew of Buffalo, Missouri. "It's a breeze to prepare using instant rice, and everyone loves its herb flavor."
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes or reduced-sodium chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups Minute® White Rice
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt, optional
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Dissolve bouillon in boiling water; add to the skillet. Stir in rice, parsley, sage and celery salt if desired.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Simple Herb Rice in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p12
Reviews for Simple Herb Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review