“This recipe was a winner in a local contest, and it’s one of my favorite fast meals,” shares Sally Lilja in Plains, Montana. “It’s rich and creamy, so simple and tastes really great.”
- 4 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the mushrooms, flour, paprika, salt, garlic powder and cayenne.
- Dissolve bouillon in boiling water; add to beef mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream. Drain noodles; top with beef mixture and green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hamburger Stroganoff in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p27
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Simple Hamburger Stroganoff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review