Simple Hamburger Stroganoff Recipe
- 4 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the mushrooms, flour, paprika, salt, garlic powder and cayenne.
- Dissolve bouillon in boiling water; add to beef mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream. Drain noodles; top with beef mixture and green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Simple Hamburger Stroganoff(3)
Sort By :
After 40 years of cooking great food, I thought I would try this recipe. How can you ruin stroganoff? This was the worst we have ever tasted. ditch the paprika and add more beef flavor and more liquid. This recipe is awful.
Loved this! Was quick and easy. I doubled and had no leftovers.
turned out really good. I probably added a bit more salt & left out the cayenne for my kids. I also used a small can of mushrooms for my son who doesn't care for them too much. Served with mashed potatoes & brussel sprouts. Will definately double the recipe next time.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Stroganoff >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >