Simple Ground Beef Shepherd's Pie
"Our son Charlie loves to help in the kitchen," relates Lera Joe Bayer from Wirtz, Virginia. "When we have leftover mashed potatoes, Charlie fixes this dish. It's a great meal with a green salad."
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add the soup, peas and carrots. Pour into a greased 11-in. x
- 7-in. baking dish. Top with potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 522 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 1,371 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 29 g protein.