Simple Ground Beef Shepherd's Pie
"Our son Charlie loves to help in the kitchen," relates Lera Joe Bayer from Wirtz, Virginia. "When we have leftover mashed potatoes, Charlie fixes this dish. It's a great meal with a green salad."
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium
- heat until no longer pink; drain. Add soup, peas and carrots. Pour
- into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 522 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 1,371 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 29 g protein.