Simple Ground Beef Shepherd's Pie Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add soup, peas and carrots. Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with potatoes.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 522 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 1371mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 9g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Simple Ground Beef Shepherd's Pie
"I used three cups of frozen mixed veggies and instead of two cans of cream of potato I used one can and a can of cream of mushroom. also added onion when browning the ground beef. very good."