"Our son Charlie loves to help in the kitchen," relates Lera Joe Bayer from Wirtz, Virginia. "When we have leftover mashed potatoes, Charlie fixes this dish. It's a great meal with a green salad."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add soup, peas and carrots. Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Simple Shepherd's Pie in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p48
Reviews for Simple Ground Beef Shepherd's Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review