"Our son Charlie loves to help in the kitchen," relates Lera Joe Bayer from Wirtz, Virginia. "When we have leftover mashed potatoes, Charlie fixes this dish. It's a great meal with a green salad."
Featured In: 25 Foolproof Ground Beef Casserole Recipes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add soup, peas and carrots. Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Simple Shepherd's Pie in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p48
Reviews for Simple Ground Beef Shepherd's Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2014
"I used three cups of frozen mixed veggies and instead of two cans of cream of potato I used one can and a can of cream of mushroom. also added onion when browning the ground beef. very good."
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2014