After moving to a new state with two toddlers in tow, I came up with effortless fajitas. They make an easy weeknight meal on the grill or in a cast-iron skillet. —Shannen Mahoney, Odessa, Missouri
Featured In: 30 Grilled Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix
- 1 large sweet onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, halved
- 1 medium green pepper, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional ingredients: sliced avocado, chopped fresh cilantro and lime wedges
- Rub steak with seasoning mix. Brush onion and peppers with oil.
- Grill steak and vegetables, covered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°) and vegetables are tender. Remove from grill. Let steak stand, covered, 5 minutes before slicing.
- Cut vegetables and steak into strips; serve in tortillas. If desired, top with avocado and cilantro and serve with lime wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Simple Grilled Steak Fajitas in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Simple Grilled Steak Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review