Simple Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 to 3 slices day-old bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1. In a bowl, combine the butter, garlic powder and seasoned salt; add bread cubes and toss to coat. Place on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Pour Italian dressing into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Cut into strips or cubes; refrigerate until chilled.
- 4. Just before serving, combine the romaine, cheese, croutons and chicken in a salad bowl. Drizzle with Caesar dressing; toss gently to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Simple Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.