- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 to 3 slices day-old bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- In a bowl, combine the butter, garlic powder and seasoned salt; add bread cubes and toss to coat. Place on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pour Italian dressing into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Cut into strips or cubes; refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, combine the romaine, cheese, croutons and chicken in a salad bowl. Drizzle with Caesar dressing; toss gently to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Simple Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Caesar Salads >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Green Salad Recipes >