Simple Green Beans
Simple seasonings give the popular vegetable a distinctive, tasty twist. They go well with many meals.—Marge Killmon, Annandale, Virginia
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Dash ground ginger
- In a saucepan, saute beans in oil over medium heat for 4 minutes. Add
- water. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until beans
- are crisp-tender. Drain; toss with soy sauce and ginger. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 64 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.