Simple Gazpacho Recipe
"Simple-as-can-be" best describes this hearty cold soup from Chris Brooks of Prescott, Arizona. "You just chop and combine the ingredients, then chill," she advises. "It tastes great with crunchy croutons or breadsticks."
- 1 can (46 ounces) vegetable juice
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 2 cups chopped cucumber
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and chill for 2-3 hours before serving. Serve cold. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup: 52 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 470mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Simple Gazpacho
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC