This recipe is delicious with canned fruit, but fresh fruit can easily be substituted or added. It's also very versatile—you can use whatever fruit happens to be in season.
Featured In: 5-Ingredient Salad Recipes
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 large firm banana, slice, optional
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, halved
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 of a 3-ounce package of peach or apricot gelatin
- Toss fruit in a large bowl, chill. n a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg; stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; coil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Pour over fruit and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Simple Fruit Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p107
Reviews for Simple Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review