Simple Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 20 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Remove meat from bones; discard bones. Shred chicken with two forks and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, soups, milk and seasonings. Transfer 3-1/2 cups to another bowl; add chicken and cream cheese.
- Spread 1/4 cup soup mixture into each of two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Place 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dishes. Pour remaining soup mixture over tops; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake one casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Cover and freeze remaining casserole for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 casseroles (5 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Simple Creamy Chicken Enchiladas(31)
Sort By :
Can't wait to try it.
Always receive compliments when I make these easy enchiladas! The last time I made them, I added a 1 inch layer of refried beans (loaded with minced garlic) to the bottom of my pans, then proceeded with the recipe as written. Didn't think it could be improved upon, but it was super tasty.
This is a good chicken enchilada recipe I already have a beef enchilada one that my family loves I rate a recipe a 5 star if it is good and something I would make again and this very tasty . thanks for sharing Melissa
So, easy and so good. I cut the recipe in half, but was talking on the phone at the same time, so I messed up and added ALL of the sauce to the chicken, and also forgot to add the milk.. So, I took half a can of cheddar cheese soup (since I'd halved the recipe, I had this leftover) and spread it over the enchiladas. It baked nicely, and then I topped the enchilada with verde salsa when I served it. It's so good, I just ate a portion for breakfast! :)
So glad I spotted this recipe yesterday. I just happened to have all of the ingredients in the house. Delicious! My only change was to use the healthy alternative soups and low fat cheese. Also used 2 cans of regular diced tomatoes plus a can of green chiles. We thought it needed more spice, but other than that it was declared a keeper by my toughest critics...3 kids!
More Recipe Collections
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole >
- Chicken Enchiladas >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchilada Casserole >
- Enchiladas >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Chicken Casserole >