Simple Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 20 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Remove meat from bones; discard bones. Shred chicken with two forks and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, soups, milk and seasonings. Transfer 3-1/2 cups to another bowl; add chicken and cream cheese.
- Spread 1/4 cup soup mixture into each of two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Place 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dishes. Pour remaining soup mixture over tops; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake one casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Cover and freeze remaining casserole for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 casseroles (5 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Simple Creamy Chicken Enchiladas(29)
Sort By :
This is a good chicken enchilada recipe I already have a beef enchilada one that my family loves I rate a recipe a 5 star if it is good and something I would make again and this very tasty . thanks for sharing Melissa
So, easy and so good. I cut the recipe in half, but was talking on the phone at the same time, so I messed up and added ALL of the sauce to the chicken, and also forgot to add the milk.. So, I took half a can of cheddar cheese soup (since I'd halved the recipe, I had this leftover) and spread it over the enchiladas. It baked nicely, and then I topped the enchilada with verde salsa when I served it. It's so good, I just ate a portion for breakfast! :)
So glad I spotted this recipe yesterday. I just happened to have all of the ingredients in the house. Delicious! My only change was to use the healthy alternative soups and low fat cheese. Also used 2 cans of regular diced tomatoes plus a can of green chiles. We thought it needed more spice, but other than that it was declared a keeper by my toughest critics...3 kids!
All that sodium from the soups - gotta be an alternative
Too much sodium. Definetly get low sodium soups!
More Recipe Collections
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole >
- Chicken Enchiladas >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchilada Casserole >
- Enchiladas >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Chicken Casserole >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >