- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 20 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove meat from bones; discard bones. Shred chicken with two forks and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, soups, milk and seasonings. Transfer 3-1/2 cups to another bowl; add chicken and cream cheese.
- Spread 1/4 cup soup mixture into each of two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Place 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dishes. Pour remaining soup mixture over tops; sprinkle with cheese.
Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover casserole with foil; bake 45 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 casseroles (5 servings each).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Simple Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
"The problem with flour tortillas in enchilada dishes is that they become gummy. Use corn tortillas instead."
"Makes a double recipe. Eat one/freeze one!"
"I just read it but I would use corn tortillas instead. I definitely would not use flour. I'm sure for some people they would taste good like they do for your family. It's a matter of taste."
"We loved this recipe. Just added sliced black olives and a little sour cream on top. Will make again."
"Not impressed with this recipe. Was just ok a bit soggy.Will not make again. Family didn't care for it either."
"One of my husbands favorite dishes that I make! I am making it tomorrow night for dinner, too!"
"Didn't enjoy. :("