- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 20 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove meat from bones; discard bones. Shred chicken with two forks and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, soups, milk and seasonings. Transfer 3-1/2 cups to another bowl; add chicken and cream cheese.
- Spread 1/4 cup soup mixture into each of two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Place 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dishes. Pour remaining soup mixture over tops; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover casserole with foil;increasing covered time to 45 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 casseroles (5 servings each).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Simple Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
Sort By :
"Didn't enjoy. :("
"Can't wait to try it."
"Always receive compliments when I make these easy enchiladas! The last time I made them, I added a 1 inch layer of refried beans (loaded with minced garlic) to the bottom of my pans, then proceeded with the recipe as written. Didn't think it could be improved upon, but it was super tasty."
"This is a good chicken enchilada recipe I already have a beef enchilada one that my family loves I rate a recipe a 5 star if it is good and something I would make again and this very tasty . thanks for sharing Melissa the only change i made the 2nd time was corn shells it makes this dish taste really authentic."
"So, easy and so good. I cut the recipe in half, but was talking on the phone at the same time, so I messed up and added ALL of the sauce to the chicken, and also forgot to add the milk.. So, I took half a can of cheddar cheese soup (since I'd halved the recipe, I had this leftover) and spread it over the enchiladas. It baked nicely, and then I topped the enchilada with verde salsa when I served it. It's so good, I just ate a portion for breakfast! :)"