Simple Clam Chowder
"I tried for years to re-create a popular clam chowder from a local restaurant," recalls Kathleen Buenemann of New Haven, Missouri. "Then I met the cook and got the recipe. I couldn't believe how simple it was to prepare this rich, creamy and filling soup."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed New England clam chowder, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, drained
- In a large saucepan, combine the soups, milk, butter and pepper; heat
- through. Stir in clams; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 172 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 1,343 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.