"I tried for years to re-create a popular clam chowder from a local restaurant," recalls Kathleen Buenemann of New Haven, Missouri. "Then I met the cook and got the recipe. I couldn't believe how simple it was to prepare this rich, creamy and filling soup."
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed New England clam chowder, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, drained
- In a large saucepan, combine the soups, milk, butter and pepper; heat through. Stir in clams; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Clam Chowder in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p38
Reviews for Simple Clam Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review