Simple Clam Chowder Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed New England clam chowder, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, drained
- In a large saucepan, combine the soups, milk, butter and pepper; heat through. Stir in clams; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Simple Clam Chowder(5)
Sort By :
Mighty tasty and very quick!
I added a bit more butter and the clam juice...for a bit of extra taste.
So why is Kathleen's name on this recipe when it is the cook's recipe??? Just wondering??
My family doesn't rate to many recipes as excellent. Usually their highest rating is a Very Good, but this recipe achieved an excellent from everyone. I serve it regularly during the winter months.
My husband and I decided this is a keeper! I'm sure whole milk or even 1/2+1/2 would be good but for us 2% was fine. The addition of Old Bay Seasoning kicked it up a notch but it's fine without it.
I added a can of diced potatoes, and another can of clams.