With three kids at home and a full-time job, I always needed dinners that were extra quick and easy. This peanutty stir-fry is still a favorite after 15 years. —Cheryl Murphy, Delta, British Columbia
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; stir-fry 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil. Add pepper; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic and ginger; cook 1 minute longer. Add salsa, peanut butter and soy sauce; stir until peanut butter is blended. Stir in chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Simple Chicken Stir-Fry in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Simple Chicken Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review