- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Simple Chicken Stew
"After 4 times making this recipe I still get raves and I ALWAYS have an empty slow cooker"
"I didn't have time to use the slow cooker for this dish, so I cooked it stove top. I increased the water and cooked the vegetables (adding chopped celery) in the bouillon, poultry seasoning and water for about 15 minutes. Then I added chicken which I had precooked and the soup and simmered for about 1 hour. My husband loved it."
"Can't believe how easy this was to make. My husband and I agree that it needs celery and thyme."
"My first slow cooker recipe and it came out GREAT,will cook it again Thanks!!!!!"
"I agree, great recipe. I also added green peas. Delicious"
"Wonderful! Since I love leftovers, I doubled the recipe and cooked it in a 4-qt. slow cooker and added a half-cup of frozen green peas."