Simple Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked linguine
- 1. Brown chicken in oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- 2. Sprinkle with cheeses. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with linguine. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 420 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 1,417 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Reviews for Simple Chicken Parmesan
"Great flavor, quick and easy to make. I will serve this chicken when company comes."
"We are a family of 4 and my husband and boys are picky thay just loved it. I will be making this again."
"Very simple, very quick, very tasty!! I've made this a few times and this recipe is now on my list of favorites.Chicken comes out moist & delicious. The spaghetti sauce acts as a tenderizer. Add a salad and some garlic bread and you have an easy, quick meal. Doubling the recipe again tonight to serve company!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.