Simple Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 4 ounces PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, sour cream and sliced ripe olives, optional
- Spoon 1/2 cup enchilada sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large saucepan, cook and stir the cream cheese and salsa over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until blended. Stir in the chicken, beans and chilies.
- Place about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down over sauce. Top with remaining enchilada sauce; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with lettuce, tomato, sour cream and olives if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Simple Chicken Enchiladas(33)
Sort By :
So delicious!!! I also used a cheater chicken that I shredded and it turned out amazing!! This recipe is a keeper.
VERY easy to make; great taste! I used shredded rotisserie chicken and I spread refried beans on the burrito style shells rather than using pinto beans. I think that chopped onion would be good in the chicken mixture as well.
We love this easy to make recipe. I have had many compliments for it. I use left over rotisserie chicken (shredded) and use the big flour tortillas because it is easier to roll and fold them on the ends.
This was easy to make and my family loved it, even the picky 6 year old!! I substituted black beans for pinto and Queso Fresco for cream cheese (had on hand). It was just delicious. A definite repeater and company worthy!
Easy to make ahead of time and pop them into the oven when needed. Also, easily modifiable to your personal likes/dislikes.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Enchiladas >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >