- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, sour cream and sliced ripe olives, optional
- Spoon 1/2 cup enchilada sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large saucepan, cook and stir the cream cheese and salsa over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until blended. Stir in the chicken, beans and chilies.
- Place about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down over sauce. Top with remaining enchilada sauce; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with lettuce, tomato, sour cream and olives if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forSimple Chicken Enchiladas
"Hmmm, thought I had reviewed this b4. Going to make it again, probably using corn tortilla as b4, frying them slightly, making my own enchilada sauce, and not sure about which beans I'll use but tried black beans last time and liked. Both dh & I enjoyed this a lot."
"Made this yesterday found the corn tortilla hard to work with even with heating on a skillet any suggestions or should i actually fry them ended up switching to the flour tortilla to finish the pan which were larger but earlier to work with although the reviews said the corn tortilla were better go fiqure....."
"THIS WAS A GREAT chicken RECIPE....THANK YOU...SONNY"
"These sound really good! Has anyone tried these enchiladas with corn tortillas? I have a very severe gluten allergy and I can't have flour tortillas."
"Very nice flavor. I added some cooked rice to make it go further. Family loved it."
"Flour tortillas are going to become gummy tortillas when combined with liquid ingredients. Use corn tortilla for the best results."
"these were really good i used refried beans instead of pinto beans"
"These were really good. Kids ate them without complaining so that's a win!"
"what if you do not have pinto beans but refried beans can they sub for the pinto beans?"