- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, sour cream and sliced ripe olives, optional
- Spoon 1/2 cup enchilada sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large saucepan, cook and stir the cream cheese and salsa over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until blended. Stir in the chicken, beans and chilies.
- Place about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down over sauce. Top with remaining enchilada sauce; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with lettuce, tomato, sour cream and olives if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Simple Chicken Enchiladas
Sort By :
"I doubled the recipe for my family of 5 and didn't have any left they enjoyed it so much! Very easy to make as well."
"This recipe comes together quickly with leftover chicken. The salsa and cream cheese makes an interesting base. You can kick it up with pepper jack cheese and fresh peppers. I really enjoyed chopped fresh tomatoes and green onions on top."
"Didn't care for the flour tortillas. Corn tortillas would have been better, I think. Filling was just okay."
"This was really good! I divided it up between two 8x8 pans so I could freeze one and I used turkey instead of chicken and a little extra enchilada sauce because I had some. I love that this used ingredients that I had on hand so I didn't have to buy a whole bunch of extra stuff."