Simple Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, sour cream and sliced ripe olives, optional
- Spoon 1/2 cup enchilada sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large saucepan, cook and stir the cream cheese and salsa over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until blended. Stir in the chicken, beans and chilies.
- Place about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down over sauce. Top with remaining enchilada sauce; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with lettuce, tomato, sour cream and olives if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Simple Chicken Enchiladas
Sort By :
Very tasty, filling and makes you want more!
So delicious and easy. Will definitely make this a regular!
This is very tasty and truly simple. Used leftover roasted chicken, tomatillo salsa and about double the amt of enchilada sauce. This is a keeper.
The whole family loved this recipe!!!
My family did not particularly care for the consistency of these enchiladas. We found the chicken mixture rather soupy and actually used a slotted spoon to dip the mixture onto the tortillas. The flavors are good, but we will most likely not make this recipe again.