“This recipe is so quick and easy, and I always receive a ton of compliments,” writes Kristi Black from Harrison Township, Michigan. “It quickly becomes a favorite of friends whenever I share the recipe. Modify the spiciness with the intensity of the salsa and the green chilis to suit your taste.” TIP: Kristi suggests serving her Easy Chicken Enchiladas with sweet corn cake for a “really yummy” summer spread!
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, sour cream and sliced ripe olives, optional
- Spoon 1/2 cup enchilada sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large saucepan, cook and stir the cream cheese and salsa over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until blended. Stir in the chicken, beans and chilies.
- Place about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down over sauce. Top with remaining enchilada sauce; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with lettuce, tomato, sour cream and olives if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Easy Chicken Enchiladas in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p15
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Simple Chicken Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review