- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, sour cream and sliced ripe olives, optional
- Spoon 1/2 cup enchilada sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large saucepan, cook and stir the cream cheese and salsa over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until blended. Stir in the chicken, beans and chilies.
- Place about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down over sauce. Top with remaining enchilada sauce; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with lettuce, tomato, sour cream and olives if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Simple Chicken Enchiladas
"these were really good i used refried beans instead of pinto beans"
"These were really good. Kids ate them without complaining so that's a win!"
"what if you do not have pinto beans but refried beans can they sub for the pinto beans?"
"Yum! Glad I made a double batch right away so I have one for the freezer!"
"Good recipe. We'll definitely have this again!"
"This is a very tasty recipe. I used mostly low fat ingredients and low carb tortillas. The taste was very, very good * A real Keeper in my books. One that I would highly endorse.JanieTaste Of Home Volunteer Field Editor"
"Wonderful flavors and easy to make! This dish will become one of our weeknight staples!"
"We have made this many times and it is delish! It is actually tastier than many enchiladas I've had in restaurants. I always make a double-batch because my busy family demands leftovers of this great meal to have handy!"
"I doubled the recipe for my family of 5 and didn't have any left they enjoyed it so much! Very easy to make as well."
"This recipe comes together quickly with leftover chicken. The salsa and cream cheese makes an interesting base. You can kick it up with pepper jack cheese and fresh peppers. I really enjoyed chopped fresh tomatoes and green onions on top."