- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope seasoned coating mix
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place ham and cheese down the center of each; roll up and secure with a toothpick. Place butter and coating mix in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in coating mix.
- Place in a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover loosely and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Let stand for 5 minutes. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Simple Chicken Cordon Bleu
Sort By :
"This was delicious. I also used Shake N Bake like previous reviewers. I have an older microwave so I cooked mine for 9 minutes than flipped the chicken and cooked for an additional 8 minutes. It turned out perfectly moist and flavorful."
"I just made this for my family tonight. I was a bit leery making it in the microwave, but the chicken turned out well and all the boys thought that it tasted great."
"I really enjoyed this and plan to make it again as it was a hit with my husband and 5yr old. I will probably tweek it a little by adding a small amount of bleu cheese chunks just to give it a tad more flavor because I felt it a little bland. I used Italian seasoned bread crumbs as my coating which gave it a nice bite. I opted to bake mine in the oven which of course takes to quick out of "Quick Cordon Bleu" but I had the time and I figured it would taste better baked instead of microwaved. Over all--good and easy!"
"My 3 boys loved this chicken. My youngest, who is super picky, asked for seconds. They did suggest I double the cheese next time (full slice instead of a half slice). I didn't realize chicken in the microwave could taste so good. I also used Shake n Bake for the coating mix."
"I make this recipe often and my family loves it! I usually have all the ingredients on hand and it's quick to put together on busy weeknights."