- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope seasoned coating mix
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place ham and cheese down the center of each; roll up and secure with a toothpick. Place butter and coating mix in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in coating mix.
- Place in a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover loosely and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Let stand for 5 minutes. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Simple Chicken Cordon Bleu
Sort By :
This was delicious. I also used Shake N Bake like previous reviewers. I have an older microwave so I cooked mine for 9 minutes than flipped the chicken and cooked for an additional 8 minutes. It turned out perfectly moist and flavorful.
I just made this for my family tonight. I was a bit leery making it in the microwave, but the chicken turned out well and all the boys thought that it tasted great.
I really enjoyed this and plan to make it again as it was a hit with my husband and 5yr old. I will probably tweek it a little by adding a small amount of bleu cheese chunks just to give it a tad more flavor because I felt it a little bland. I used Italian seasoned bread crumbs as my coating which gave it a nice bite. I opted to bake mine in the oven which of course takes to quick out of "Quick Cordon Bleu" but I had the time and I figured it would taste better baked instead of microwaved. Over all--good and easy!
My 3 boys loved this chicken. My youngest, who is super picky, asked for seconds. They did suggest I double the cheese next time (full slice instead of a half slice). I didn't realize chicken in the microwave could taste so good. I also used Shake n Bake for the coating mix.
I make this recipe often and my family loves it! I usually have all the ingredients on hand and it's quick to put together on busy weeknights.