Berries, peaches or any fruit can be used for this simple cobbler recipe, but the cheery bright color of cherries makes it just right for gray winter days. —Eleanor Jacoby, Eureka, Kansas
- 1 cup canned pitted tart cherries
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring cherries and 1/3 cup sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and remaining sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Spread into a greased 3-cup baking dish; pour cherries over the top.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and edges are golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Cobbler in Reminisce February/March 2008, p50
Reviews for Simple Cherry Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review