- 1 cup canned pitted tart cherries
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring cherries and 1/3 cup sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and remaining sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Spread into a greased 3-cup baking dish; pour cherries over the top.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and edges are golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Simple Cherry Cobbler
"I agree, not enough dough, It is perfect for 2 people, though. Don't think I will make it again"
"Simple, can't go wrong recipe, just enough for the 2 of us with enough left for my husbands lunchbox."
"I have tried this recipe twice and it seems as tho there isn't enough dough."
"This is a family favorite."
"i was not a fan of this recipe, but it could be that the only cherries I found at the store were sweet, so i want to try again if i can find tart cherries"