Simple Cheesy Hash Brown Bake
“My family has no idea they’re eating a low-fat recipe with this hearty side dish. It’s creamy, cheesy, convenient and simply delicious!” Pair it with all kinds of entrees. Darla Kahler - Bison, South Dakota
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 6 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- In a blender, combine the milk, cream cheese and salad dressing mix.
- Cover and process until smooth. Place potatoes in an 8-in. square
- baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with milk mixture. Cover
- and bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bacon. Bake, uncovered, 8-10 minutes
- longer or until cheese is melted and potatoes are tender. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 155 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 552 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.