- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 6 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- In a blender, combine the milk, cream cheese and salad dressing mix. Cover and process until smooth. Place potatoes in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with milk mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bacon. Bake, uncovered, 8-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Simple Cheesy Hash Brown Bake
"Since there are only 2 of us, I divided the recipe. I had a tub of whipped cream cheese, so I substituted with it, and I used heavy cream instead of milk. My husband loved it."
"I thought the recipe was pretty good and had plenty of flavor, although I did make a couple of changes. I only used one (30oz) bag of hash browns, added a little salt, some green peppers and some ham. My husband did not like it all!"
"If I were to make this recipe again, I would definitely add some veggies. As is, it's pretty dry and not very flavorful."