“My family has no idea they’re eating a low-fat recipe with this hearty side dish. It’s creamy, cheesy, convenient and simply delicious!” Pair it with all kinds of entrees. Darla Kahler - Bison, South Dakota
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 6 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- In a blender, combine the milk, cream cheese and salad dressing mix. Cover and process until smooth. Place potatoes in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with milk mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bacon. Bake, uncovered, 8-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hash Brown Bake in Healthy Cooking December/January 2010, p55
Reviews for Simple Cheesy Hash Brown Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review